Commissioned by Alabbar Enterprises, H2R Design were commissioned to do the design of Candylicious’ two new stores at—Dubai International Airport Terminal 3 and At The Top Burj Khalifa in The Dubai Mall. The designs are evolved formats of the brand’s original identity executed with new sophistication and technological advancements while paying homage to their flagship stores in Yas Mall and The Dubai Mall.
Playing with the brand’s vibrant colour palette and clean shapes to ornament the overall space, led to the creation of colourful, strong and elaborate interior spaces. The new Candylicious stores are a sweet escape, providing a fun, dynamic and playful retail experience for all, while evoking childlike eagerness, delight, and intrigue.
DXB airport outlet:
The most notable design features for each of the stores include:
- The colourful awning creates a dynamic flow placed overhead in the absence of a ceiling. The metallic structure with colourful strings and flowing fabric strips helps define the dimensions of the space.
- The chocolate wall richly displays a selection of premium and luxury chocolates.
- A big lollipop tree at the entrance, is an engaging feature that ties back to the brand’s identity where shoppers can fill up their own selection of candy bags.
- The candy cities have elements relating to their respective locations. At The Top in The Dubai Mall displays the Burj Khalifa and other iconic Dubai landmarks, whilst the store in Terminal 3 at DXB Airport has little candy airplanes and a runway.
- Graphics on the walls provided by Myneandyours adds colour and narrates the continuation of the candy story and atmosphere.
- A bottle shaped fridge was designed to store refreshing drinks and invites consumers to engage with the design.
- Interactive screens are installed with “Candylicious Play” game that offers visitors another feature with which they can interact with.
The result is a composition of different volumes created while staying true to the original intent. With the varied interior architecture structures of the new stores, functional spaces organically sprouted and have become key sculptural installations. This has shaped a uniquely interesting experience inviting shoppers to engage with the space, bringing out a childlike wonder in everyone.
The Dubai Mall outlet: