Have you had a chance to visit the largest IKEA Jebel Ali store in Dubai open in Festival Plaza? If not, free up your calendars and save yourself from some serious FOMO! Spread across 35,000sqm, the new store has never seen before features that you cannot miss. The Swedish home furnishing giant has invested in exceptional solutions to deliver the best possible shopping experiences to its customers.
Here are some of IKEA Jebel Ali’s must see features:
1. If you are visiting the store with the intention of enjoying IKEA food, then you will be in for a surprise. Adapting from the normal store culture of one main entrance and exit, IKEA Restaurant now has its own independent entrance which gives direct access to the restaurant and eases customer flow.
2. Too hungry to stand in queue for your mouth watering meal? Say goodbye to queues as the IKEA Restaurant introduces two brand new self-checkout stations making it easier to place orders and grab a quick bite if you are on the go.
3. ‘The Swedish Steps’ – A first-of-its-kind in an IKEA store and a true highlight of the South Dubai offering. With a seating capacity for over 300 people, the steps are perfect to sit on and enjoy catch-up conversations with your friends and or even pose for that perfect ‘Instragammable’ shot. IKEA has upgraded the experience by adding charging points making it a perfect place to relax with that much needed cup of coffee while you take a break from all that shopping. In addition, if you are in the IKEA Restaurant and want to get easy access to the checkout counters, this is the route to take.
4. Aimed at improving customer shopping experience, one other feature of the store that you will notice while picking your ‘must-haves’ is wider aisles throughout the store.
5. Not forgetting the younger customers, IKEA has created an interactive floor projection screen in the Market Hall and Bistro sections where kids get to have fun with interesting interactive games while dad and mom are shopping.
6. Ever had that one off moment while trying out mattresses where you want to just lie down and check if they are as comfortable as they look but are shy of people looking at you? The new store has introduced a cosy 80sqm area called the Mattress Cocoon dedicated to testing different mattress with that little bit of extra privacy.
7. If want to take a fika moment from all the shopping, head to the new stand alone IKEA Café at Festival Plaza. Located at the community entrance, this petite café offers outdoor and indoor seating with all the goodness of a Swedish Bistro such as fresh Croissants, Chocolate and Orange Danish pastry, Pecan Pie, Carrot Cake to mention a few. It also offers an array of delicious all-time favourite healthy snacks and salads as well as vegan sandwich options. You can also purchase the Swedish food market products from the IKEA Café such as Organic Coffee, Herbal Tea with Lemon Grass or Pepper Mint, Organic Black Tea, Ginger and Sugar Free Oat Biscuits, and many more.